Wednesday, May 8, 2013

MOCK INTERVIEW 4


Scenario-4: 

An interviewer (Mr. Tyagi) is in conversation with a candidate (Archana) who does not seem to be much open to people, although her entire academic life and score in written test are commendable. But her GD performance is not that great. Mr. Tyagi wants to examine if Archana is worth giving a chance in his institute.

Archana: May I come in Sir?

Mr. Tyagi: Please, have your seat.

Archana: Thank you sir.

Mr. Tyagi: So Archana, you are a commerce student and want to pursue finance?

Archana: Yes Sir… I have completed B. Com with Accounts Honors. I was always interested in numbers and figures, so have decided to become a finance manager since childhood.

Mr. Tyagi: What qualities do you feel a successful manager should have?

Archana: The key quality should be leadership--the ability to be the visionary for the people who are working under them. The person who can set the course and direction for subordinates. A manager should also be a positive role model for others to follow. The highest calling of a true leader is inspiring others to reach the highest of their abilities.

Mr. Tyagi: But Archana, what I can make out from our conversation is that you are not a very outgoing person. Is there a reason for this or do you consider this as your weakness? 

Archana: Yes sir… you observed it very right that I am not a very extrovert person. There is no specific reason for the same and I don’t consider this as a weakness. Throughout my academic life, I have performed the way I decided and was expected to. I never fell short on my professors’ expectation and performed my duties well. My little reserve nature has never been a hurdle for me.

Mr. Tyagi: If I were to ask your professors to describe you, what would they say? 

Archana: I believe they would say I'm a very devoted person, that I put my mind to the task at hand and see to it that it's accomplished. They would say that if they ever had something that needed to be done, I was the person who they could always depend on to see that it was accomplished. They would say that I always took a keen interest in the subjects I was studying and always sought ways to apply the knowledge in real world settings. And I am not just guessing what they would say, in fact, I'm quite certain they would say those things because I have with me several letters of recommendation from my professors, and those are their very words. I can show them to you as well.

Mr. Tyagi: If you had to live your life over again, what would you change?

Archana: That's a good question. I realize that it can be very easy to continually look back and wish that things had been different in the past. But I also remember that things in the past cannot be changed, that only things in the future can be shaped. That's why I continually strive to improve myself each and every day. That's also the reason why I want to become the very best finance manager the company, which will hire me, has ever had. To make positive change. And all of that is still in the future. So in answer to your question, there isn't anything in my past that I would change. I look only to the future to make changes in my life.

Mr. Tyagi: Well said Archana. I am very impressed I must say. I wish you all the best in life. You can leave for the day. The final decision of the admission committee will be conveyed to you soon. Thank you.

Archana: Thank you Sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment