Wednesday, May 8, 2013

MOCK INTERVIEW 1

Scenario-1: 
An interviewer is taking interview of a Computer Engineering student who has cleared the entrance test and GD for admission in his college.

Interviewer: Tell me about yourself.

Student: "I was born in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh and attended Scindia School. Ever since I was a teenager, I tinkered with computers. It was my hobby, my passion, and my way of learning. Like most kids I enjoyed computer games. When my folks gave me a computer as a reward for good marks in 10th Class, I mastered DOS, Windows, and WordPerfect within six months. I then went on to teach myself programming basics.

By the time I passed 12th Class, I knew I wanted to study computer engineering. From that point on, everything fell into place. My life revolved around the same. By my junior year at Engineering College in Nagpur, I decided I wanted to work for a major IT Company but I also wanted to master in other fields of handling business so that I can develop an overview of expectations of the company from me. That is why I decided to pursue MBA before joining any IT Company. I now want to graduate from this reputed college so I can be at the forefront of starting a career into a reputed IT Company. I am prepared to answer any questions you may have about my education and experience.

Interviewer: But you did tell me about your schooling, wasn’t that all about your education? 

Student: Yes sir, I did tell you about my school and subject preferences but can tell you a lot more about my engineering experiences and lessons I learnt from them, that is, if you allow me.

Interviewer: Frankly speaking, I have no idea about engineering stuff as I am a commerce student. So if you will tell me about you engineering course and all, I don’t know how will I understand them, and above all, how will I know you are speaking the right thing?

Student: Hahaha…. You surely are very frank sir, so I will also be very frank to you. What I was about to tell you about my engineering days are just my experiences I had and the learning I get from them so far. They have nothing to do with my engineering course. Also, what I have heard about you from my friend’s cousin, who is an alumni of this college, is that you are the most amazing professor with remarkable diversified knowledge base. So I can be very sure about your knowledge of computer engineering stream.

Interviewer: OK..So you are here with a lot of research and all… hmmm…. You seem to have done a bit of homework.

Student: Thank you for the compliment sir, I always like to be ready with my home work as it gives you an unmatched confidence.

Interviewer: Keep this attitude for the rest of your life as well… You will be informed about the final decision of the admission committee. All the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment