Wednesday, May 8, 2013

MOCK INTERVIEW 3


Scenario-3:

An interviewer (Mr. Mehta) asking questions from a candidate (Nisha) who was working in a BPO part time along with her BA. She has scored well in entrance test and GD.

Mr. Mehta: Hello Nisha, so how are you feeling today? Nervous or excited or both?

Nisha: Hello Sir (With a courteous smile). Yes sir, I am excited as well as nervous as you can see. But I know how to handle stress as I have done it before as well.

Mr. Mehta: Really… so how do you manage stress with work? 

Nisha: Stress is a part of life so one must accept it as it comes in the way. When I am confronted with stress, I tend to find out the cause of it. There are various causes for stress, it may be due to self reason or may be due to others too. If I see there are people who are adding to my stress level then I believe in discussing with them and focusing on the professional as well as personal issues that lead to such stressful situation. So what ever be the cause, I approach it with a flow chart method, i.e. starting with the root cause and doing the follow up. One tends to lose temper but life/work teaches you to stay calm and use logical ways to find out the solution. This is the only way to achieve your pre-determined goal within time frame, I believe.

Mr. Mehta: Do you have a goal? Where do you see yourself in 5 to 7 years from now? 

Nisha: Setting goal is very important for me sir, so I do have set a goal for me. Although it's certainly difficult to predict things far into the future, I know what direction I want to develop toward. Within three years, I would like to become the very best HR Manager for the company that hires me in the campus placement after 18 months from now. In fact, my personal career mission statement is to become a world-class expert for Human Resources. I will work toward becoming the expert that others rely upon. And in doing so, I feel I will be fully prepared to take on any greater responsibilities that might be presented in the long term.

Mr. Mehta: It feels so good to hear such motivating future plans from kids your age. I wish you all the very best. You will soon get to know the final decision of the admission committee.

Nisha: Thanks a lot for your compliment sir. Have a nice day ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment